Applying online

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Applying online
By Kdos (Kdos) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

Stupid question I know but I am confused. My son will be applying to colleges in the next few weeks. I saw something on Princeton Review that looked interesting. It appears that you can fill out your information for the Common App in one place there and any school that you apply to will get it...then the supplemental for the particular school is filled out there and sent as well. Is that correct that you only need to fill out the Common App once?

Also, since some info needs to come from the high school (recs and transcripts), it really works out ok to apply and have info coming from 2 separate sources (online and the HS)?

This is all overwhelming to me and it is just the tip of the iceberg....thanks in advance for any help...

By Sybbie719 (Sybbie719) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Daughter applied to 7 schools all which took the common application. Yes, she used one application with supplemental stuff for each of the schools, some were linked to the common app site, others were on the school site. The common app was a great time saver and you do recievee acknowledgement whenn your application is downloaded.

The H.S. recs and transcripts: they come from the schools are are sent via snail mail. No matter how you file the information is going to come from 2 sources; the school and the student.

What we did was put a self addressed post card in each envelope with reveived by: name of the school and date so that the cad would be returned back and that way we knew who received what. However, the student can fill out his/her information, print (make copies for distribution)

All the best

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page