It's been too long since I last posted - Help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: It's been too long since I last posted - Help!
By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Ok so I got approval from my gudiance counselor to be a part time high school student. However, I had to drop from AP Calc to AP Stat so that my day can end early enough......is that ok?

Also...would you consider Geology a science? As in, is it OK if I take that instead of physics as some have told me to.

By Marite (Marite) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

If you want to major in the humanities or social sciences, what you plan is fine. Beware that if you want to use AP credit for sophomore standing, many colleges will not give credit for AP Stats. IF that's not a concern, AP-Stat is more useful for a social sciences major than AP-Calc. Geology is considered a science. You should be fine with it.

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

One more question...would you consider this a science...

EST 330 Natural Disasters
EST = Technology and Society

A study of the physical causes of natural disasters; their societal impacts in developed and developing nations; the use of engineering, architecture, and regional planning to reduce vulnerability and loss; and the institutional mechanisms, both domestic and international, for providing cross-cultural technology transfer and post-disaster assistance. Case studies of disasters in a number of countries are included.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page