Bradley (IL) Drake (IA) Butler (IN) Simpson (IA)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Bradley (IL) Drake (IA) Butler (IN) Simpson (IA)
By Moondogguy (Moondogguy) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 01:15 am: Edit

Which of the following three colleges in the midwest are best for business? For example, getting their business students good internships and good jobs when they later graduate.

Bradley University in IL
Drake University in IA
Butler University in IN
Simpson College in IA

By Mominin (Mominin) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:57 am: Edit

I have a son at Butler in Pharmacy and he loves it. (ok, that's not business) But the business school is good there and so are the arts and pharmacy. My son loves the fact that the campus isn't too big and all professors are easily access. by visiting or email. It's been a great school for my son and I recommend it.

By Jenniferelaine (Jenniferelaine) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 11:24 am: Edit

I'm a Poli-Sci/English major at Bradley. Resultantly, I know quite a bit about those two programs, but just generalities about the rest of the university. So I'm not going to tell you that "the business school is the best ever", because I can't say that it is. What I can tell you about the few business professors I know, I will.

The campus is just the right size for me. I don't know everyone, but when I'm walking somewhere, I'm bound to see at least a couple people I know.

To the best of my knowledge, there are only 4 or 5 lecture-hall courses. I took one, Econ 101. Even in that course, the professor knew my name.

Every professor I've had thus far has known my name, and will still stop to talk to me. This includes the few outside my majors.

The negative things I've found, but they could be positive for you:

Bradley is uber-conservative.
It is a pipeline for Chicago kids and kids from the 'burbs.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page