Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: What about Miami Ohio
By Infopls (Infopls) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:51 pm: Edit

Good??
Bad points??
Frat overwhelming?

By Mini (Mini) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

I think you are in the wrong forum?

By Cruella (Cruella) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

We visited Miami of Ohio last summer. My son applied and was accepted.

The preppy presence is evident everywhere. This is a great school to go to if you are interested in the Greek thing.

Miami is a good school, Oxford is not that great of a town. There's some pizza places and some hang outs but on the whole there's not much to do.

I think you can get a good education at Miami. If you are an Ohio resident the cost is way less than it is for out of staters (as we are).

You should go and take a look. The campus is really quite lovely. The buildings are all Colonial in style. No dorm is more than 3 stories high and the food is reputed to be excellent. Miami likes to remind you on a frequent basis that they are one of the 8 original Public Ivies.

When we went on our tour they also remarked several times that the coeds were voted #1 or #2 best looking in the nation by Playboy magazine. My son actually found that rather sexist and wondered why an adult would remark on such a thing and also wondered why they felt the need to mention it a few times.

By Believersmom (Believersmom) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

If you are seriously looking at Miami Ohio, check out the Individual college by alpha post and recent posts on college search.

That is unless you think it is a good idea to follow people who visited once vs. those who went there and have half a lifetime of post college experience to determine whether or not it was a good education to launch a career on.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page