AP US HISTORY Scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2003 Archive: AP US HISTORY Scores
By Tennisplaya95 (Tennisplaya95) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 07:15 am: Edit

Practice Multiple Choice/DBQ/Essays? Who has done well on this exam--how many multiple choice did you get right?

By Danser39 (Danser39) on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

I don't think they tell you your scores on the different parts, just the overall score. I got a 5 but I never found out what I got on each part. However, you can figure out what your score might be by weighting each part; I think the mult choice is worth 45% and the essays are worth 55%, and the DBQ is worth 55% of the essay part. I'm not positive though, someone correct me if I'm wrong. You can probably find it on the college board website.

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 03:34 am: Edit

are SAT IIs for US history easier or harder than AP?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:03 am: Edit

oviously easier

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:25 am: Edit

...and you guys were saying rea prep was hard?! sat 2 (from real sat) for history was..i would say at least 5 times harder and so much more specific than just asking "what was this" or "who did this"

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:25 am: Edit

...and you guys were saying rea prep was hard?! sat 2 (from real sat) for history was..i would say at least 5 times harder and so much more specific than just asking "what was this" or "who did this"

By Apguy (Apguy) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:31 am: Edit

>>oviously easier <<

You'd be surprised...

I just got back from the SAT II.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:56 pm: Edit

You can miss 20 multiple choice questions and get all 6's on the DBQ and the essays and still be assured of a 5.

By Starbyrst (Starbyrst) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:00 pm: Edit

You would be surprised. On a practive AP exam we took in class for history i got 60/80, which isnt bad. and the SAT 2 i just took was NO walk in the park. there are more questions and more brute memorization needed and little unimportant facts that come up in SAT 2. I find SAT 2 at par with the AP exam. they're different and i think equally challenging in their own respects

By Fredmurtz2 (Fredmurtz2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

The AP MC was rather challenging and random, although a notch below the REA prep

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

I got a 720 on the ReAl Sat II US Hisotry Exam before I had covered WW2 and after...do you think i will be able to get a 5 on the exam granted i write well?

(NOTE*-- I felt i was lucky on that sat:ii, cuz some of the rote information was in my head cuz my teacher is a bitch)

By Fredmurtz2 (Fredmurtz2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Not that I'm an AP Grader, but just be quite wary of cancelling any AP scores, I almost cancelled a 5 LOL. I think you'll be fine a lot is luck of the draw or lack thereof -- If I can help with any material...just post a question and I'll try to help where I can [again, not that I am a teacher but I should be able to help a bit]

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

oh thank GOODNESS the ap, according to you guys, is pretty different from the sat 2 history. that was so specific and long winded, i hated it.

but i'm definitely not underestimating the apUSH exam either..i just hope there aren't any surprises. on the rea conversion formula, you can get like 20 wrong on the MC, do only adequately on essays/dbq and still get a 4? it seems so easy, then how come the passing rate is still so low..

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

i know kids who will get A's ni the class..but they can't do better than a 4 on the exam becuz there is so much knowledge to retain...

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:48 am: Edit

Do you think I will pass the AP exam if I get about 30 right?

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 11:49 am: Edit

On REA's I mean

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 12:20 pm: Edit

I'm pretty confident i'll get a 5 and i got about 55 right REA...but that was a month ago..now i'm pretty sure i could do beter.

at leas ti hope i get a 5 :-(

30 righton the rea..hmm i bet u'll get a 3 or 4

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 12:34 pm: Edit

thanks. at least I should pass

By Nealyac (Nealyac) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 01:34 pm: Edit

i took a pass multiple choice exam and i got a 35 will i pass?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page