Kaplan SAT prep class?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Kaplan SAT prep class?
By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:26 am: Edit

Does the Kaplan SAT prep class really help? Sometimes I find it hard to study at home because of certain distractions.

By Amethyst (Amethyst) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

I took the Princeton Review prep class. I thought some of the stuffs that they taught me really do help.

By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:22 pm: Edit

thx

By Vtran31 (Vtran31) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 04:11 pm: Edit

go to the library and save the money. seriously, they rip u off in those courses . u can get just as much from their books and other books.

By Enteater (Enteater) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

Kaplan has really bad classes for SAT/PSAT and AP >.>

By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

so which would you recommend?

By Ryan2288 (Ryan2288) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 03:30 am: Edit

That PR class costs 1000 dollars in my area, i dont think so. Does the Kaplan course really suck that much? Are there any other alternatives?

By Missj (Missj) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

I took the kaplan SAT prep class last summer. it's all right. I'm not sure how much it helped me but it pushed me to study and practice. SAT prep classes do cost a lot, but if you find it hard to make yourself study it's worth taking it in my opinion.

most people I knew took the PR prep class. I think either kaplan or PR is fine (if you decide to take a prep class)...it's really up to you how well you want to do and how willing you are to practice as much as necessary to reach your goals. =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page