Best SAT II US History books?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Best SAT II US History books?
By Pre1321 (Pre1321) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:26 am: Edit

I was at Barnes & Nobles today looking for a SAT II US History book. I wanted Princeton Review or Kaplan but they didn't have either so I got the Barron's book. Is it any good? Are the PR and Kaplan books better? I'm taking the October tests and I'm really pushing hard for an 800 in this and 2 other subjects so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Ragnathor (Ragnathor) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:00 am: Edit

i dont know about barrons, but kaplans was definitely good

By Alotor (Alotor) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 08:23 am: Edit

From most of the consensus from the previous topics accumulating from previous dates, the choice from best SAT II US history probably would have to be Sparknotes.

In fact, I looked at it and compared it to other prep books at B&N. The info and coverage of the topics was really good.

By Chrisbo (Chrisbo) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:11 am: Edit

At Barnes and Noble (near me, at least), I bought the 2003/2004 edition of SAT II: US History SparkNotes for $3.42! I also bought the Math IC and Biology ones for the same price.

By Ragnathor (Ragnathor) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:07 am: Edit

the sparknotes review is also availabe online for free, but the practice tests cost $5

By Netmet (Netmet) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

REA AP US HISTORY obvioously is for AP, but was perfect for SAT IIs...I wouldn't reccomend Barron's SAT II because, frankly, it just left out a ton of important information and events.

By Alotor (Alotor) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

Thanks Ragnathor, I guess I wont have to purchase the book in the future.

Pre1321 - if you are going to look for the Sparknotes, go to their site at www.sparknotes.com and click on the "Test Prep" tab. When you arrive at the page, click on "SAT II" at the top. Its beside "New SAT", "ACT", and "SAT".

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

Sparknotes is the best, the practice tests are harder so if you score like 700 on their practice test you'll score higher on the real thing, barrons, for me was the worst book on the face of the planet

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 09:23 am: Edit

I've been studying out of Kaplan...

I guess I'll get Spark Notes as well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page