ETS lost my AP American History Test!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: ETS lost my AP American History Test!!!
By Nanaama725 (Nanaama725) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 06:33 pm: Edit

When the AP US History test was administered, I was at a music competition with my school, so the guidance office arranged a later testing date for all of us who signed up for the test. Now today, I received a Fed Ex from ETS telling me that they lost the free response part of my test. Apparently they lost all the free response essays from all of us, which is about 20 people. So they gave me my score based on the multiple choice part of the test, which is a five. However, I'm wondering if any schools will accept my five, since it will say on the grade report that my score is a projected score, since they lost half of my test. Has this happened to any of you?
Thanks

By Guitarshredder (Guitarshredder) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Hehe, I wish they just scored my multiple choice.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

I wish they'd lost my MC and just graded my essays.

By Tongos (Tongos) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

i wish they lost my whole test and averaged in with the others that they didnt lose.

By Bigdreamscj (Bigdreamscj) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 08:13 pm: Edit

No, that's never happened to me, Nanaama, but I'd assume since your MC score was so awesome, colleges would too assume you would have done well on the essays. If you know material enough for 80 MC's, I'd say you earned it =D

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 08:30 pm: Edit

If I were you, I'd write ETS a letter asking them to include with your grade report a letter explaining the situation (that you took the whole test, and the reason why it's a partial scoring). They may or may not do it, but they semi-screwed you over, so I think you deserve it.

By Mattman (Mattman) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:33 pm: Edit

And besides, it's not *your* fault so maybe colleges will show mercy and accept your projected score.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page