790 vs 4 on bio

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: 790 vs 4 on bio
By Effervescence (Effervescence) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Just wondering, will my 4 on the ap bio test discount my 790 on SAT II Bio M? Do colleges focus more on AP or SAT II?

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 02:38 pm: Edit

Well, 790 Bio is very good, and so is a 4 on Bio, but I think that they will see that you have a good grasp of biology with these two scores. I don't think this should hurt you very much at all (if any)

By Effervescence (Effervescence) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

Thanks. I was actually thinking about retaking the bio, but now I guess I should just put that behind me and move on to other things.

By Adidasty (Adidasty) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

I think my 800 on Bio M and my 5 is better. lol, jk, ejpowers is right, combined 790 and a 4 is not bad at all and colleges will see that youve got some bio skills.

By Conker (Conker) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

You might just want to take the SAT II Bio E, just to prove that you know Ecology too, if Bio is something you want to emphasize.

By Taylor6465 (Taylor6465) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

It prob won't matter too much. Are you better at multiple choice? I prefer the essays...I guess it showed up with my 690 Bio-E and a 5 on the AP exam.

By Effervescence (Effervescence) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

Hey, congrats on the 5 taylor6465. I'm really ok w/ either. It's just that I really did not expect the ap test to emphasize so much on the human systems--I think that really killed me on the ap test. Consequently, my horrible experience w/ the ap test is what helped me get a 790 in june. I made sure that I covered the human systems thoroughly before the june test.

In response to conker, I think will just move on, but thanks for the input. Taking the ecology will mostly likely hurt me more than help me as I am not very knowledgable in the ecological aspects of bio. Not to mention, retaking the bio test will make colleges think I'm way too obsessive and question if I can handle the pressures of college life. Plus, colleges only look at the top 3 sat ii scores and I would rather focus my energy on another sat ii test.

Now for the second part of my question.. do colleges focus more on ap or sat iis?

By Conker (Conker) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

"Taking the ecology will mostly likely hurt me more than help me as I am not very knowledgable in the ecological aspects of bio."

I think that that's what the colleges are going to assume when they compare your AP Bio score and your SAT II Bio-M score. I don't think that taking both Bio tests would make you look obsessive, and I'm probably one of the people on this forum who are most paranoid about appearing "obsessive". :) But I think that it's probably better to focus on other SAT II's if Bio won't be your "hook". :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page