Rescoring... worth it?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Rescoring... worth it?
By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

When is it a good idea to get your exam rescored? I got a 2 on APUSH. I'm considering doing it because I have nothing to lose, but what will they be looking for when they are rescoring it? If I accidentally skipped a bubble and they found it, wouldn't they just say "sorry, you're stupid for not checking your work. Pay us another eighty dollars next year and re-take it."?

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

If I were you I would review notes, review materials and take the test again next year. That is of course, if your knowledge of US History corresponds to that 2.

By Pinkearmufs (Pinkearmufs) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Were you expecting higher? Like, did you do well in the course? if you were really making good grades in the class and knew the material on the ap exam, and feel that you may have skipped a bubble, then perhaps rescore, but it's unlikely they made a mistake.

By Blee731 (Blee731) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:14 pm: Edit

If you skip a bubble, the graders would assume that you did not want to answer the question. Also, even without that assumption, they would have no way to know your true answer because all they do is check the scantron manually.

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 07:06 am: Edit

Oh, is that what they do? I always thought they would be nice and take into account things like skipping a bubble (i.e. skipping #6, filling in the answer to #6 in #7, #7 in #8, etc.).

By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 12:49 pm: Edit

What I really wish would happen is that when they send us our scores, they tell us the breakdown of the points that we got, such as the number of mc correct and such. Then I would know if I should rescore.

By Clipper (Clipper) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 06:08 pm: Edit

Why don't you request your booklet of answers and see if you were way off with your answers. If you feel that you messed up bubbling then have it rescored.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page