Weird PSAT and SAT results

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Weird PSAT and SAT results
By Supernal_Being (Supernal_Being) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:03 am: Edit

Alright, some of you have probably gone through this experience. Tell me if my scores look kind of sporadic:

PSAT (October):
47V 50M 47W

SAT (January):
530V 580M

SAT (June):
570V 650M

10 Real Practices:
1st Test:
Math: 720
Verbal: 740

2nd Test:
Math: 750
Verbal: 620

Then, I found my January test, and did it again like 6 months later and got:
670M 670V

Then, today, I found my old PSAT booklet, and did it again with remember no questions, and got:
72V 75M 69W

Alright, with such crazy sporadic scores like these, what do you think I'll actually get the next time I take it?? Or what would you guys think that if you had these scores, what you'd get??

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 09:52 am: Edit

You've got a great upward trend. The problem with SATs is that sometimes your score really depends on what test you get. I've scored between 700 and 800 (inclusive) on all my practice tests- got a 750 on the real thing. My math was between 620 and 670- got a 700. Also, you might want to stop taking the SAT after your next test. It looks ridiculous when kids have taken it 5 times with a 10 point imrovement (if that) each time.

By Supernal_Being (Supernal_Being) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 11:47 am: Edit

Haha, that's true. Yeah, next time is my last time, as it'll be my third time. What grade are you in and which colleges are you looking to apply to??

Oh and, if anyone has anymore comments on my SAT results, please express your opinion freely.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page