How do SAT IIs work?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: How do SAT IIs work?
By Swimmerkp (Swimmerkp) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

This October will be my first time taking the SAT IIs (Math IIC, Writing, Bio M). Could someone explain to me how they actually work? Do you take them all together in the same room? Can you change what tests your taking that day? Anything other seemingly obvious info would be appreciated. Sorry if I sound a little dumb, but this is my first time! Thanks!

By Esperanza (Esperanza) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:04 pm: Edit

you can take up to 3 SAT IIs in one day. check collegeboard.com for the listed schedules for the upcoming SAT/SAT II/AP tests. and no! you can't change your test dates. they're fixed. hope that helped.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

You can change which tests you take that day, but they charge you a small fee later. I think mine was like $5. Each test lasts an hour, and depending on your proctor, you might not get breaks. You have to take the writing one first.

By Piman3141 (Piman3141) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

I dont know if this is something you wanted to know, but what the heck, Ill tell you anyway. The SAT IIs are very much like the APs except in three respects: (1) The SAT IIs are much, much easier (2) the entire test is multiple choice, and (3) there is one really f'd up portion on the science SAT IIs that makes you evaluate two statements (T/F) and then state whether the first statement is a correct explanation of the latter. This part really screwed me up on the test because I had never seen it before. Anyway, I was probably just really stressed out seeing it for the first time, because its really not an overly complex process, so Id recommend looking into the tests before you take them, i.e. format, difficulty, etc. Hope my answer helps. If possible, get your hands on an SAT II prep book (I recommend Barron's) because it will pretty much spell out the whole test for you.

By Korinfox (Korinfox) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:42 am: Edit

Pinman, your (3) true and false stuff, is only for Chem I'm pretty sure, I took bio and phys and dont remember anything like that...

By Piman3141 (Piman3141) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:10 pm: Edit

Yeah, I was referring to chem. Sorry for any confusion.

By Bigdreamscj (Bigdreamscj) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

You can also add tests (they charge you later). The Writing test is usually first if you're taking it.

By Swimmerkp (Swimmerkp) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:12 pm: Edit

Thanks very much for all of your advice!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page