SAT II Test Choice

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: SAT II Test Choice
By Flachica412 (Flachica412) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:03 am: Edit

When colleges says "take any three SAT II subjects" do they really mean it? Is it understood that they want Math IIC, Writing, and something else? I have had poor math teachers and I just all around don't like math. So far, I have high writing and US history test scores. Would it kill me if my third test was literature? I have taken math ic and will take math iic in fall but I am wondering if it would be detrimental to have all three high scores be social science types.

By Number9 (Number9) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:50 am: Edit

Look at the colleges you are applying to. Most regular schools just want 2 SAT IIs and a writing one, so I don't think Lit would hurt you. Esepcially, if you arent pursuing any math-heavy majors.

It depends upon the college, though. The general guideline is to do the writing/math/choice, but it doesnt always have to be followed!!!

By Flachica412 (Flachica412) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 01:44 pm: Edit

The schools I am talking about are Ivies that do not specify what subjects they want. Also, I want to go into a social sciences major (political science, history or the like.) Does anyone else out there have any advice?

By Futuredoc123 (Futuredoc123) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

i have the same problem...i got an 800 writing 740 Chem and a 770 lit, do i really need to take either of the math II's?

By Esperanza (Esperanza) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

bump

i want to know too. i know that stanford states that it "strongly recommends" math IIc and writing plus one more.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 09:59 am: Edit

I don't think it matters for anywhere but Stanford and Middlebury. If they have a specific requirement or suggestion, they'll state it. When in doubt, call the admissions office.

By Flachica412 (Flachica412) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:39 am: Edit

Has anybody out there been accepted to an HYP or the equivalent without a math sat II?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page