[] Self-Study Advantages

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: [] Self-Study Advantages
By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

I'm taking Calc BC and I want to take stat as well, but my schedule doesn't fit it. I heard it is a pretty easy class to self-study for, but I heard that colleges don't even get to see your AP scores(how true is this?) Then what is the point of self-studying?

Should I self-stuy stats? I love it, but I don't want to waste my time if it doesn't provide any advantages, as it will just be an extra burden to my schedule.

Any informed person can comment on this? Thank!

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

How would they not see the score? It's all on one score report.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

They will see your scores, but they'll take a glance and be done with it. Chances are that they won't notice which courses you self-studied.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

They will see your scores, but they'll take a glance and be done with it. Chances are that they won't notice which courses you self-studied.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Ok... let me clarify

What I meant to ask was, are the AP scores used in college admission? I don't really care if they know I self-studied it or not. I want to take AP stat, but my schedule doesn't fit, and if it won't help me in admissions at all, I don't want to sacrifice time learning it.

Thanks!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page