SAT II writing prompt

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: SAT II writing prompt
By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Consider carefully the following statement. Then plan and write your essay as directed.

"There is more joy in giving than receiving."

Write an essay explaining the meaning of this quote, using examples from your personal life or other resources.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:29 pm: Edit

There is more joy in giving than in receiving. How true, how true. I've always considered this to be a fundamental verity during my existence on this humble earth. I have lived my life by it. It is my Jesus and I am a devout Southern baptist.

I remember this one time... I felt much better about giving those homeless people some black eyes. I sure as hell didn't want to receive any black eyes from them--where's the joy in that? I felt good about hurting the homeless people, about giving them more pain than already exists in their poor, meager, downtrodden lives.

As I said, I love to give. I hate to receive. Giving is the only way I am able to live. Without it, I would probably die because of a lack of being able to give.

LEAVE ME ALONE, poser.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page