Self-Study Question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Self-Study Question
By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

Would it be possible, or helpful, to be taking an honors version of the course you are self-stuying. The reason I ask is because I am thinking ot self-studying Calc AB while taking Honors Calc. I might be interested in doing the same thing with Physics. Would it help or hurt to be taking the Honors course and self-studying at the same time?

Another question, how many self-studies is possible without brain overload?

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:44 am: Edit

bump

By Blee731 (Blee731) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:54 am: Edit

I think it depends on the level of the honors course. For instance, right now I'm taking Physics Honors online and will be taking AP Physics B this upcoming fall. I looked at several AP review books and most, if not all of the topics are covered in my honors course. This is a sharp contrast to some of my other honors classes at school that covered absolutely nothing. Unless the honors class is a complete waste of time, I think it would help you while self-studying.

Just a question-Why don't you take the AP class instead of honors and self-studying? You would get the AP credit and better books, teacher, etc.

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

The reason I'm not taking the AP class is because I don't qualify for them. At my school you need an A- in an Honors to get into AP, and I only had a B+ on Honors Alg2/Trig and a B+ in Honors Chem, so I can't take them. My school is a bitch about it too.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page