Harvard and Yale brochures

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Harvard and Yale brochures
By Abogachkov (Abogachkov) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 01:53 am: Edit

I recently received some of those brochures that colleges send out from Harvard and Yale. Do any of you think that means anything special, or that its just something that's standard for people who score in the 99th percentile on SAT's, etc.

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 01:58 am: Edit

Oh please. Harvard sent me something and I'm nowhere CLOSE to 99th percentile on the SATs. :P

By Number9 (Number9) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

Doesn't mean a thing.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:17 am: Edit

They're just money-grubbing and want as many applications as possible to lower teir acceptance rates.

By Tenbelow (Tenbelow) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:02 am: Edit

Yeah, the College Board doesn't even release exact scores to the colleges when you take the test (unless you told them to). They match based on the interest questionnaire you fill out before the actual test day. It's not like the college can say "Give us the names of the 99th percentile students" and mail based on that.

I was mailed the Harvard SSP booklet during the year and went to school the next day to find out that quite a few other people had received it too.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page