AP econ

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: AP econ
By Redhare317 (Redhare317) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:50 pm: Edit

We don't have an AP economics class in our school, but i want to take the AP exam because i plan to pursue a business-related career. What book is best for self study? I heard PR was the best for econ. what do you guys think? thanks

By Metra (Metra) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

I was wondering the same. Whats a good textbook for macro and/or micro?

By Ronkebam (Ronkebam) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

I had a 5 on both Macro and Micro, My only 5 among my 5 AP classes.
I don't get credit from Yale for Econ, sad!
But I used Princeton cause its straight to the point, and Barrons cause it has some worthy volume, Princeton was my main.
Most of all I know God gave me those 5's cause the class was really hard, my teacher was awesome, made me study alot, loads of tests, includes loads of graph...loads of technicalities, make sure u study the essence of a topic and not just volume...Volume can be crap, understanding the technical parts, why the graphs curved or straight, thats what matters,

By Im_Blue (Im_Blue) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

I found PR to be a good book because it lists all the vocabulary words you need to know for the exam, which is crucial since the multiple choice is 2/3 of the score. Then pick up a little knowledge working with graphs and you should be set. I got two 5's without too much trouble.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page