Easiest AP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Easiest AP
By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I think the award goes to (without a doubt) AP Psychology.

Yay or Nay?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

That seems to be the impression I get from people talking about it (I know nothing about the exam). All I know from experience is that Statistics is cake, but Psych may be even easier.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:40 am: Edit

I've heard that Stats and Psych are the two easiest.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:55 am: Edit

Calc AB is certainly a candidate.

By Delacroix (Delacroix) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:00 am: Edit

yeah, AB calc was REALLY easy...but I believe Psych was easier. Is stat really simple? I think I'm taking it next year....recommend or not?

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Psych wasn't too bad- some of the questions will kind of mess with your mind and make you debate between similar concepts, and sometimes you really need to know specific stuff. (of course, that's with any AP exam) The curve for it is pretty damn good, too, because I screwed up majorly on an essay and still managed a four- but multiple choice counts for like, 60% of the exam, so I guess if I did really well on that, then I didn't really need to do spectacularly on the essays. One good essay and one kind of crummy one was enough.

I heard stats is an "easy" AP but seeing as how my school doesn't offer any other AP math except calc AB, I never took it. But I can't say personally that stats is easy, and math is hard for me anyway.

Government wasn't that hard, but I wouldn't call it "easy" either, it was a lot of work, studying, writing...but overall I wouldn't consider it confusing. But not a piece of cake class at all, either.

The other APs I took weren't easy- not totally daunting like Calc BC, but I had to work my tail off in them to keep up.

By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

i will take Calc AB next year(it's the highest math class in my public HS ;-)
would it be easier(even possible?) to self-study Calc BC or Stat?
(i dont wanna get stressed by doing both -_-)
tell me the easier way.

(how is , what is AP Stat anyway?)

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

stat = cakewalk. but then this is coming from a guy who thought that calc b/c was a cakewalk too.. and biology... but i found stat way easy. It was such a joke. Just know some simple algebra, learn a couple rules on how to write stuff out correctly and bAM! You've got your 5.

By Tongos (Tongos) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

i really don't now what you are talking about, psychology was my worse nightmare, both my friend and i scored ones on the test, probably the only two in the class! hah! oh well.
But i really have to say that calculus was the easiest test. cakewalk, for those who understand math.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Calc AB easy? Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (even though that stuff is tough), but Calc AB as easy or easier than Psychology??!!!

Psychology easy? Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (even though that stuff is tough), but psychology as easy or easier than calc AB?

Point is, to some people humanities are easier than mathematics, to others mathematics are easier than humanities. So the answer will differ from person to person.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:14 am: Edit

Universally, it's hard to say which AP is easiest. Psychology and statistics both have reputations of being extremely easy.

However, if you've been reading and writing your entire life a lot, you will undoubtedly find both english exams easy. If you're a gifted mathematician, calculus will be a breeze.

For me, I personally thought Calculus BC was, by far, the easiest AP exam. I didn't even look at calculus for a week before the exam and still thought it was fairly simple.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:55 am: Edit

eng lang and us history...

however... i agree with ubercollegeman. the "easiest" ap test is all relative to the skills of the test-taker

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page