2 APs on the SAME DAY

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: 2 APs on the SAME DAY
By Musicman921 (Musicman921) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

Next year....I'm currently enrolled in both Ap Chemistry and AP Psychology.....and as luck would have it, the tests are given the SAME DAY! (Chem in the morning, Psych in the afternoon)

Should I go for it?

Has anyone done this before.....I don't know if this is just setting myself up for disaster or what?

By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

I had calculus AB and music theory on the same day... luckily, their locations were close enough that I was able to sprint from one to the other (which I ended up doing twice because my proctor forgot to give me my student pack)... the problem is that you don't know where they will be until a few weeks before. The good news is that you get a little extra time while the other students are filling out the first part of the form.

By Jadex (Jadex) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

If you think you REALLY understand Chem, go for both. I took AP Chem and didn't understand jack, so I didn't take it. Don't take Chem unless you're SURE you understand it...lots of people did that and didn't pass. AP Psych is easy - just a LOT of memorization. I got a 5 (and I didn't even have the AP class).

By Lifeisgood (Lifeisgood) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Don't decide your whole year's class schedule based on one long day... If you want the classes, the one day will be no big deal.

By Angeldesignpro (Angeldesignpro) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

I took chem and psych. The psych test is short and rediculously easy, so it was almost a break after chem. Yes, it was an exhausting day. But yes, it was also worth it.

Go for it!

By _Holly (_Holly) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:34 pm: Edit

I took AP US and Euro on the same day. I'd say that if they're both strong subjects for you, it shouldn't be a problem taking 2 subjects on the same day.

If I could suggest anything to make it easier, make sure you have a good meal inbetween. Sounds stupid, but it makes a difference.

By Bfjava (Bfjava) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

I took AP Calc AB and IB SL psychology on the same day this year. I also took the AP psych test a week later. The IB SL psych test was MUCH harder than the AP psych test, in my opinion, since it is all memorization and 100% essay writing. My head was literally spinning after calc AB, not because of its difficulty but rather consistent ? after ?. the AP calc AB test is much more strenuous than taking say the ACT and SAT for me. You only get a 5 min break within the 4 hours, ehh. Anyways, I had to take SL IB psych 15 minutes later. My head was still spinning for a while but I knew psych so well that I was able to make a quick transition/recovery.

So, I was able to do it and from what I hear AP chem isn't too bad. But then again, the only reason I didn't have too much of a problem was because I studied sooo much for that psych as I studied for the AP test.

By Bigdreamscj (Bigdreamscj) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:47 pm: Edit

I had to do that w/ IB SL Psych and AP English Lit, as well as AP US Gov and AP Comparative Gov. The government ones got irritating after a while, heh, but it's doable. Definitely get a good night's sleep -- adrenaline has to last allll day.

By Pyro (Pyro) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

A lot of schools have the same set of classes every day. Last year I had three APs a day, each 40 min, with no great difficulty

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Pyro~
OP means the tests, lol. I had CALC BC and music theory on the same day...no biggie, although I was cranky by the time I had to take MT.

By Jaredthegreat (Jaredthegreat) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

My friend had AP Bio and AP Physics C Mechanics on the same day. I don't think it gets much worse than that.

By Rennie059 (Rennie059) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:37 am: Edit

I did this last year - it really wasn't that bad, especially since psych is in the afternoon, and that's a shorter, more relaxing type of test.

I was quite happy with my results, a 5 in Psych and a 4 in Chem (very good for me - I did not study nearly as much as I should have...)

Go for it! It's not that bad.

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:19 am: Edit

i had psych and chem on the same day, and took them both without eating anything the whole day. it wasnt fun but i got 5s on both, so go for it! aint too bad.

By Slipstream99 (Slipstream99) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

It depends on if you're a senior or not. If a senior, what the hell, colleges only will see your schedule and not your scores, so there is no need to even worry one iota about it. If you're below a rising senior, it just depends on how tired you get after a test and how you study for the test. If you are tired, but not absolutely effete, that's good. Also, if you cram study before the tests instead of learning the material by heart, that's bad. So, it comes down to what kind of a test taker you are and, most importantly, what you want to do. I would recommend taking them, though. I mean, colleges look but don't give that much weight to AP exam scores. They care much more that you spent a year enrolled in a difficult class than if you were to bomb the one day just because you were exhausted. If it were me, I would take both.

By Ryan2288 (Ryan2288) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Im taking APUSH and AP european history at my school next year, only two other kids have taken those two in the same year before at my school and they did alright, so I do not see what the big deal is. If you are comfortable with the subjects and do not try to cram it should be alright.

By Ronlivs (Ronlivs) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

you can take one of them on an alternative date

By Suchitar (Suchitar) on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:29 am: Edit

i did chem n psych on the same day this year...i thought it'd be a big deal, but actually its not really...(despite the fact tht i self studied both)

since psych was in the afternoon for me n its supposed to be this easy exam....i don't think you should have too much of a problem

go for it!:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page