AP Questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: AP Questions
By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

I'm having a problem with my APUSH score... I got a 2. There are a few possible scenarios for this, one being that I got about 30 mc questions correct, 40 incorrect, and 6s on all three Free responses... that would be a high 2. The problem is that I usually get better than 50% of the mc questions correct and i get close to full points (15) on my DBQs in class as well as not too shabby grades on the FTEs. This would put me in the 3 or 4 range. Does anyone know how much more information teachers get about our exams than we do? I really want to know how I could have gotten such a low score (from my perspective... I felt really good after the exam... which I took late might I add), but my teacher is probably going to be mad at me for failing, so I don't want to ask unless I know he can give me more information. Thanks!

By Conker (Conker) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 08:20 pm: Edit

There are two possible explanations. One is that you bubbled in the multiple choice incorrectly. Perhaps you skipped a question, or something else disasterous. I believe you can ask them to handscore your multiple choice for an additional fee. The other is that your teacher is ignorant of the AP standard, and quite honestly, it shows. The DBQ's are graded on a scale of 0-9, not 0-15, and they have been this way for a few years now. You may want to inquire about what students who usually score around 10 on the DBQ's got on the actual exam.

By Conker (Conker) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 08:20 pm: Edit

There are two possible explanations. One is that you bubbled in the multiple choice incorrectly. Perhaps you skipped a question, or something else disasterous. I believe you can ask them to handscore your multiple choice for an additional fee. The other is that your teacher is ignorant of the AP standard, and quite honestly, it shows. The DBQ's are graded on a scale of 0-9, not 0-15, and they have been this way for a few years now. You may want to inquire about what students who usually score around 10 on the DBQ's got on the actual exam.

By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

sorry, i read that they were on a scale of 15 in an REA book... i think it was an old one

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page