Can you take the SAT while your in college?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Can you take the SAT while your in college?
By Hokie_2004 (Hokie_2004) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 03:09 am: Edit

I took the SAT this past january when i was a senior high school but i didnt get a very good score. Now im going to be at VCU this fall but i want to transfer right after my freshman year. The problem is that my score is not even close to the schools that i want to apply to and i want to raise my score.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 03:24 am: Edit

As I understand it, anyone can sign up for the SAT; I've heard that people that work for Princeton Review, etc. just sign up for the test and memorize the questions to help them write review guides. I'm not 100% sure though.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 09:02 am: Edit

You can take the SAT again and use any new score as part of your transfer application. Whether the SAT will be of any importance in relation to a transfer will depend on where you will be applying -- some will require it as part of the transfer and use it in the evaluation, others will ignore it or give it little or no weight for transfer purposes and instead rely principally on the grades and classes accumulated in that first year of college before transfer.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page