What is algebra II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: What is algebra II?
By Vermicelli (Vermicelli) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

I'm taking only the new SAT which will have Algebra II. What does it consist of? My school has a math program of Algebra I, Geometry, and Advanced Alegebra. Adv. Algebra consists of trig. and precal. Is that Algebra II or is it something like conics?

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

functions, graphing, matricies, conic sections.
Easy stuff.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

yeah...if I'm correct...the questions on the new SAT I math should resemble somewhat the SAT II math iiC. That just means that there'll be more pre-Calc stuff on it, and probably more stuff dealing with intreperting graphs and trig stuff.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

If you take Algebra, Geometry and Advanced Algebra at your school, you will have completed more than needed for all the questions on the new SAT which will have some trig. questions -- by descriptions that the SAT has been giving, the new math section will now include areas that the ACT has included for decades.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:48 pm: Edit

"If you take Algebra, Geometry and Advanced Algebra at your school, you will have completed more than needed for all the questions on the new SAT..."

Careful, there, Drusba. This implies that you go to a *real* school. If you think it's sufficient to achieve 100s in those courses at *my* school and score ...um, the new "1600" (is it 2400?) on the re-vamped SAT, you'd be lucky to break 1200 (1800, I guess it'd technically be). Of course, I exaggerate slightly. But, Vermicelli (yummy!), make sure your coursework is up-to-snuff with the testing material. Practice tests are usually an accurate gauge, etc...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page