I am extremely Worried about AP tests

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: I am extremely Worried about AP tests
By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:10 pm: Edit

Hey,

I got my AP scores. When I was taking my AP's I didnt want any college to get my scores, so I left that part of the exam blank. But I see on the college applications, that they ask your ap tests taken and your scores. Do you have to fill this out, if you have taken them. Can you leave them blank if you didnt send your scores to anyone and dont want to fill it out. Is not filling it out, even though you took it, bad. I am really worried.

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

What are your scores and schools?

By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

first of all, you probably did better than you expect... people usually do. there are big curves. on most tests you only need about 55-80% right for a 5.

the colleges won't like that you took the AP courses without taking the exams. therefore, not sending the transcript at all is probably a bad idea.

however, i think you can have certain scores removed from the transcript (see collegeboard.com), in which case you may want to remove the worst scores (i'd say 3 or better is good unless you apply to top 10 schools).

which exams did you take? what were your grades in those classes? which colleges do you think you'll apply to?

also... post your AP exam grades when you get them.

By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Davidn08,

i took Chemistry and got a 2, and I took American history and got a 4. I plan on applying to Berkeley, UT-Austin, Upenn, Cornell (ed), Uchicago, Carnegie Mellon, Michigan-Ann Arbor. So I was really worried. Is it ture I can delete Ap scores from my transcript, because I am really worried about chem, I thought i got a 3.

By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Davidn08,

i got a C in Chemistry, and an A in American History

By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Bump, please anyone, i really am worried

By Caliel130 (Caliel130) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:15 pm: Edit

If it helps i didnt report my AP Chem Score grade from last year

neither did ANYONE in my clas ('cause we all collectively failed)

and most of us still got into top schools

By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

caliel130.

So I can just report my American history grade, where it asks for ap scores. What schools did yall get into. And for the Cornell application, they dont ask for ap scores, do they care, if any of yall know.

By Mattman (Mattman) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

For college apps, they don't actually see your scores until after you're in (unless you sent them earlier, which you did not in this case). You can say you made a 4 in US History and not mention Chemistry. Your senior year you tell them to report all your grades to the college or you can pay money to have scores witheld or sent after you already have them (which I see as wasteful, you're already accepted).

By Tigeruppercut (Tigeruppercut) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

chillout then

By Vijeth (Vijeth) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 08:47 am: Edit

thanks alot

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page