ACT Prep

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: ACT Prep
By Chochocho (Chochocho) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

I've seen myriads of posts regarding SAT prep, but have only rarely seen any regarding ACT prep.

So, how are/do you prep for the ACT?

By Andrew1218 (Andrew1218) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

im just bought princeton review "cracking the ACT" to bring up my 28 (30-36-22-23) I obviously need help on the reading and science so hopefully its good.

By Integrity (Integrity) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:34 pm: Edit

The official ACT publication was very helpful---Getting into the ACT: Official Guide to the ACT Assessment.

By Isabella (Isabella) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Both of those already mentioned are really good - would definitely get both!

By Andrew1218 (Andrew1218) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

i just read the entire science section in Princeton Review..very comprehensive and I think it will help me a lot on time because it tells you exactly what to look for and where to look for it. If you have trouble finishing this test (which many people do) i recommend it.

By Andrew1218 (Andrew1218) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 02:47 am: Edit

also, there is a REAL ACT that you can print off this site.. http://www.act.org/aap/pdf/preparing.pdf

By Riflesforwatie (Riflesforwatie) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 10:56 am: Edit

I just take the practice test in the booklet ACT sends you after you register.

By Bigdreamscj (Bigdreamscj) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

I used a tiny little book (I think called "Passkey to the ACT"), did a lot of verbal, reviewed math rules...score went up 3 pts.

By Jaredthegreat (Jaredthegreat) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

My thoughts on the Peterson's ACT prep book: It's a monstrous book. And for some reason, despite the fact that the ACT does not test vocabulary, it has hundreds of little vocab flash cards in the back. The practice tests in there are extremely difficult, and will give you some nice low self-esteem before the test. Don't worry though, the grammar questions etc. in there are miles above even the hardest that you can expect to see on the test. Science, on the other hand, you never can tell...

By Jaredthegreat (Jaredthegreat) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Is there a way to raise the science reasoning score? I got a 33 composite (33.25, one away from a 34...), english-34, math-35, reading-35, science-29. But since I am planning to go into --take a guess--science, this score really annoys me...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page