Grade Distributions on AP Reports?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Grade Distributions on AP Reports?
By Taylor6465 (Taylor6465) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

For those of you who have received your AP grade reports for this year, do they list the grade distribution of your class and the national distribution on the report? I'm just curious as to how I did as compared to my class and I know they provide the national statistics online.

By Chicagojen (Chicagojen) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Do they have a distribution of what percentage of people get 5's, 4's etc. ?

By Lilmermaide (Lilmermaide) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

no, i wanted that though. i think you have to pay $15 for the report

By Im_Blue (Im_Blue) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

They don't put that information on the students' AP grade reports, but your high school and your AP teacher will receive reports about everyone's grades and compare them to the national distribution.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

you can also find this info online (although it varies a little from year to year)

By Mazzinator333 (Mazzinator333) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

Your high school (and, in turn, your teacher), receive reports listing how many students received a particular score from your high school, and then compare this to how many students received that particular score on this year's exam nationally. They also give a bunch of other nice statistical stuff.

But, some teachers do not like showing their students that info. So, if you wait until the beginning of September, the College Board will put up percentiles of how many students received each respective score. They will also give mean scores for part 2 questions.

The site is:
apcentral.collegeboard.com

Then click on "Exam", then "Exam Questions", and then choose the exam you're looking for. You have to register on the site tho, but it's quite painless.

By Chidimma (Chidimma) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

they usually put that info up on the collegeboard website for the upcoming school year

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page