NY Regents

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: NY Regents
By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

Anyone know what is considered a good grade on the Chemistry Regents?

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:25 pm: Edit

I would say anything above a 90. But I was having so much trouble with the practice ones that I was actually shooting for at least an 82, so I'd at least have a A in the class overall. Got a 91 and was extremely happy. It's all relative. Depends how good you are at chem.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Do you consider yourself good in chemistry? How was your performance compared to the rest of your class/school?

(Sorry to bother you with these questions, thanks for your time.)

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:56 pm: Edit

My 91 was sadly the highest in my class. (Only 23 people in my class took chem, so it's easy to keep track.) It's hard to say if I'm good at chem. It's my lowest grade on my transcript, but it was probably one of the most interesting subjects I've ever taken. Generally speaking though, I'm not nearly as good at science as humanities.

By Hopkinslax (Hopkinslax) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:33 am: Edit

What's regents? I know i've heard about them on the news, but what exactly are they?

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:36 pm: Edit

New York State tests that are required to graduate. There are tests in just about every subject, and I think there isn't even an option of graduating without a regents diploma anymore. But I may be wrong on that. Basically, they just reinforce the state's mandated curriculum.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page