Want to Improve Math Score

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Want to Improve Math Score
By Frs (Frs) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

I haven't taken the SAT's yet, however I got a 1330 on the PSAT, and on the "One-on-One" program from Collegeboard I got a 1360, 700 verbal 660 math, which is really weird, 'cause I'm a math person and am doing fine in calculus. However, I guess it's not that surprising as I haven't taken geometry in a few years and took it distance learning extremely quickly. So I basically need a book (aside from 10 Reals) to improve my math score, specifically the geometry part. Thanks in advance.

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

calculus doesn't have much to be with SAT math, which is more basic math that measures thinking and speed; 660 is fine, but if you want to improve to 750+ (which you can) you need to buy SAT I 1600 Kaplans which will have all the hard problems (plenty of geometry) that you can practice; also, work on eliminating carelessness; good luck!

By Frs (Frs) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 08:19 am: Edit

Ok, thanks. Is there a general consensus that that's the best book for math?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page