3 SAT IIs in one day

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: 3 SAT IIs in one day
By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 11:11 am: Edit

I'm running out of test days. I got a 1400 on the SAT I, but I want to retake just to see if I can get higher. Also, I need to take 3 SAT IIs, but will have to do them all on one day if I retake the SATs. Is it difficult to pound out 3 650+ SAT IIs on one day? If it's too difficult I just won't take the SAT Is again.

By Mattlord (Mattlord) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

I have a 1450 (*sigh*), and I took 3 SAT IIs on the same day - Writing, Math IIc, Molecular Biology. 800s on all. Don't worry.

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

I think I may have to do that because I really need a better SAT to offset my terrible GPA (3.4). Thanks!

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

bumpidy bump bump, I would like another opinion, perhaps from someone who isn't a genius. thanks

By Neobez (Neobez) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:23 pm: Edit

From what I've heard it's not particularly difficult. . .each test is only an hour. I'm doing the same in November.

By Kenenisa (Kenenisa) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

I took two SAT II's one day (Chemistry and Math IIC), and then once I saw that I was happy with my scores, I took Writing on a different date. I would've retaken one of the first two along with the Writing if I had not been happy with one of my scores. I was really happy with my results, and I think it was a good decision, but if you're crunched for time and think you can improve yout SAT I a good bit (which is definitely more important, although SAT II's are important too), then by all means do three SAT II's in one day (just study really hard because it sounds like you might not get another chance - and don't lose concentration on that last one!)

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

ok thanks, 3 tests in one day it is then. Chem (or Lit, not sure yet), Math IC, and Writing all on Oct. 9

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Do IIc- the curve is much better.

By Devious (Devious) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 02:21 pm: Edit

I'm gonna do Math IIc, Physics and Writing in October. Good luck to the both of us!

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 02:37 pm: Edit

3 SATIIs in one day isnt too bad. I did OK when i took Writing, Mathiic and BiologyM all in one day... (720,800,790)

By Briansee (Briansee) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Yeah, they're not bad. Just pace yourself and don't worry too much. When you take writing first and think you screwed up, don't dwell on it for the next tests. Concentrate only on the task at hand.

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

haha ya I'm not worrying too much about writing (although great essay ideas will probably pop into my head all through the test), I am most worried about Chem, if I take it. Math shouldn't be too bad for me. I'm also taking the ACT so if I bomb SAT IIs I can just use ACTs, which most colleges accept instead of SAT and SAT IIs.

By Bigdreamscj (Bigdreamscj) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 12:29 am: Edit

I did 3 and all were above 720. It's actually better, I think, than the sat1.

By Bacchanalian (Bacchanalian) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

Yeah it's not bad at all just drink some coffee. I tried that and did fine (800,790,790).

By Mercury (Mercury) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Be ready to switch your brain from one subject to the next, and do NOT stress over how you did on the test you just completed. Take each one individually.

I took 3 in one day and it wasn't that terrible... Scores went 720, 770, 750 in that order, so it's not like my scores went down with each successive exam.

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

I did three SAT IIs in one sitting and my scores went downhill each passing hour (Writing - 800, U.S. History - 760, Math IC - 700). Then again, it was probably a mistake to take IC instead of IIC.

By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

I got 3 700+ in one day. My math and chem scores weren't as high as I expected. I think the fact that I didn't get a good night's sleep the day before was a major cause of the badness. My test center was about two hours away (both of my test centers that I requested were full) and I didn't get to sleep until past midnight. The bed was uncomfortable as well as everything else. I was tired after the writing test. Did chem, then math. Always get a good night's sleep.

By Benzo415 (Benzo415) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 07:40 am: Edit

I averaged 750 on three tests in one day. It's easier to concentrate on them than SAT I because you get an hour for each test then you move on to the next. Take Writing first, the subject you're less sure about next, then end with something easier.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 07:52 am: Edit

Ejpower-

I took the same three you're considering taking in one day (Lit, writing, IC). I assure you I'm no genius, and I did decently on all of them, except writing because I accidentally skipped the last page, and inadvertently skipped 12 questions. I got a 700 IC, 750 Lit, and 680 (:(...next time I'll be more careful) Writing. Before you take Lit, read some of the posts on it. It's a tricky test, and there's really no good way to prep for it- the books are a waste of time. I wouldn't suggest taking it unless you scored 700+ on your SAT I verbal, or unless you really consider explication one of your better skills. Good luck!

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:49 am: Edit

I agree Elizabeth. I received a 5 on the AP English Literature exam and a 740 on the SAT I Verbal yet only a 660 Literature score. Beware!

By Nobu (Nobu) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

i took 3 in one day (math ii/c, writing, physics). i have to admit i was a little tired on the last one (physics) but the results were ok. i wouldn't worry.

770 writing, 800 math ii/c , 800 fizix

of course i messed up writing, which was my first one.

"me fail english, that's unpossible!" - ralph wiggum

By Jaredthegreat (Jaredthegreat) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:41 pm: Edit

"I'm gonna do Math IIc, Physics and Writing in October."

I did the exact same thing in June.

Writing - 720 (perfect 80 on multiple-choice, 7/12 = 56 on the essay!!)
Math IIC - 740
Physics - 720 (self study for everything that wasn't mechanics, and I skipped EVERY single magnetism question.)

I am debating whether to take Math IIC again...

I would definitely take all three on the same day. Besides, you get to choose which three you want at the test center (I had originally registered for Writing, US History, and Physics, but when my AP US friends complained about how it was harder than/recycled questions from the AP test, I chose to just do math)

You can choose the order in which you take the non-writing tests, but if you take writing it must be first...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page