AP biology. WTF.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: AP biology. WTF.
By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

I received my AP score report in the mail today, and found that I got all 5's except Biology, which I got a 4 in.

I had a feeling this -might- happen, but I thought the curve was better than this. I've heard that last year, about half the Biology classes at my school received 5's, even one person with a grade of B-.

I usually score around 80% on the chapter tests, and those are very specific (the class is graded on a 15-point scale). However, on the test date, I found that I couldn't answer about 60% of the questions, for some reason. They were probably too general.

I found the essays easy though. Unless I missed a lot there...

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

••••. ••••. ••••. ••••••• •••• •••• •••••.

By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

What?!

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Just a lot of profanity.

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

hmm.. i dunno. i had the crappiest teacher in the world and we didnt even finish animal function... (meaning we didnt finish animal function, ecology, fungi)we had to study that stuff for ourselves.. but i got a 5 on Biology. = ).. and on everything else too. (Calculus B/C, Statistics)

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

We didnt get to any animal functions, ecology, 5 kingdoms. We stopped on plants. We really didn't cover that well, either.

Theres usually only 1 person that gets a 5 from the class. It wasn't me, thats for sure!

By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 02:05 am: Edit

bump.

By Maverick27 (Maverick27) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

hahahahahahah yo.
i read cliffs and my textbook for 3 days straight b4 the test and i got a 5. wtf lol.
mind u, i DID have normal bio the year b4 tho, just not ap.
guess i dont have to take it anymore :) bio bores me.

By Tenbelow (Tenbelow) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Although I did get a 5, the multiple choice questions were very unlike the previous years'. I had to leave about 8 of them blank because there was such a HEAVY concentration of body system questions!! I really wanted to scream and felt horrible after taking the test.

I really think the change from 120 questions to 100 questions made the test feel very different... some topics were horrendously ignored (i.e. non-genetic cell biology!!) but there were always the reassuring questions like the plant and human hormones, which tend to show up on every MC test.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

"I had to leave about 8 of them blank because there was such a HEAVY concentration of body system questions!!"

Yeah, a lot of years, they heavily focus on one subject, then basically neglect a few others. Last year, I focused so much on plant morphology and they completely bypassed that whole topic. Thank God for it, I got a 5.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

I burned that test and got a 5. The trick is to rely solely on Cliffs. I beat the crap out of the textbook (literally). I once stabbed it with my pencil to see how far the indenture travelled. But I treated the Cliffs book like something wonderfully precious, and in return it saved my life.

By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Yep, I noticed that the MC was completely different from previous years. When I did the 2001 released exam, it was comparatively very easy. I missed 5 in the first 40.

I had no idea to use Cliffs. WTF. Why didn't you guys help me when I asked in May. =/

Did you guys use the textbook "Biology" by Neil Campbell?

By Ihatesats (Ihatesats) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Maverick, attitudes like yours make me want to bonk your head. Seriously.

By Maverick27 (Maverick27) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

go ahead dude lol. i was jus a lil ecstatic. a 'bonk' would be nice.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page