ECs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: ECs
By Chochocho (Chochocho) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

Hi, I will be a junior at a public high school next year. I currently have decent grades, but have not-so-good extracurricular activities. All I have for right now is about 200 hours of community service, 1 year of active membership in CSF(California Scholarship Federation), and 1 year of JV tennis. I will be a yearbook editor my senior year. Well, I often blame such weak ec's on my given environment, for I have moved about fifteen times, often across the national borders.

Anyways, I need some advice in strengthening my ec's. Please feel free to suggest some ideas, for I have no idea where to start. Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:51 am: Edit

if you really moved 15 times, specially internationally...,
and if you did something in other country(any part of 200 hours were made in other parts of world besides USA and canada) and made all that decent grades. i think it can be terrific(essay and recommandation also canbe somewhat unique). and you'll be a yearbook editor.

in general, i dont think your EC isnot really "bad". even if you didnt do anything when you were out of USA border, it's somewhat normal i guess. but still it's depend on what college you're looking for.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page