When to take sat II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: When to take sat II?
By Jeank (Jeank) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

these are the math classes ive taken so far...algebra 1, geometry, advanced alg, and next year ill be in precalc with trig...i dont know when i should take the sat II math...and after my classes, should i be taking IC or IIC? do colleges look down on ppl who take IC as opposed to IIC?

and when should i take writing?

ahhhhh...college...standardized tests...should all go away...

o yea, do colleges only want 3 sat IIs? or can we take as many as we can or want or is possible...?

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:01 am: Edit

I assume you're a rising junior. Wait until the end of precalc/trig to take the june date. If you are very comfortable with all the formulae and feel that you can manipulate info and problem-solve, take IIC. Only if you are hazy with trig would I think you should take IC. That curve is tough whereas the IIC is the easiest in the universe. They want to see that you challenge y'self in SAT2 just like they want to see that you challenge y'self in class. So, I would take the IIC. Take the writing on the same date or maybe a little earlier since you're not really gonna be learning anything new, per se. Yes, they want 3. If you think that you need to prove to them that you have a certain skill in something, then by all means take more. But 3 is perfectly fine and great.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page