Do I need more SATIIs??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: Do I need more SATIIs??
By Daria1000 (Daria1000) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

I'm going to be retaking the writing sat2 in october. Since I'm already going to be there, I was wondering if I should take any other ones. These are the ones I have taken and what I've scored:
Chemistry-780
Math 2c- 770
Math 1c- 690(I have score choice on this and probably won't release it)
Writing-650

Should I retake math 1c since I took it freshman year? I've taken spanish for 5 years up to Spanish 4 ap, so would it be a good idea to that the spanish sat2? What about Literature? Do people do well on that exam?

Thanks for your help.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:54 am: Edit

Yes! Retake Math IIC and Chem. Jk, jk. No harm or nothin'. I think if you can hold the IC score yer IIC score will be fine. I wouldn't advise the Lit because it has a brutal curve and people don't do well. If you are semi-fluent in Spanish, take it, take it. It makes you broader.

By Meganc123 (Meganc123) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

Foreign language SATs have brutal curves because of the native speakers taking it, so don't take it unless you are fluent or close to it

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 02:46 am: Edit

Addendum to what Meganc123 said: The Foreign Language exam can only hurt if you are a native speaker (i.e. Hispanic person taking Spanish, Chinese person taking Chinese..) At the very best, they'll say "Oh, he knows his language." At the very least, they'll say "he couldn't even max out his own test!" ... That'll be bad.. Now if it were like SAT II Hebrew or something...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page