SAT II Math IC becoming obsolete?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: SAT II Math IC becoming obsolete?
By Ultimatemath (Ultimatemath) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 03:48 pm: Edit

I think I heard about this before. As the New SAT I math section now encompasses Algebra 2 material also, SAT II Math IC is becoming obsolete. Can this information be confirmed?

I am studying for the current SAT II Math IIC, but if Math IC is becoming obsolete, then IIC is the only option?

By Ultimatemath (Ultimatemath) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:12 am: Edit

Huh, Anyone know this is true?

By Varr (Varr) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:05 pm: Edit

I dont think so! Because if it were true the College Board would eliminate the SATII Math Ic, just like they did for the writting tests.

By Chochocho (Chochocho) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 02:43 pm: Edit

I believe Varr is correct. ONLY MATH IC will be eliminated.

By Tenbelow (Tenbelow) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

I don't think either would be obsolete. Math IC seems to test very strictly a basic knowledge of high levels of algebra and geometry. Math IIC has all that, trig, limits, and all that extra stuff like matrices, series, and different kinds of probability. I'd say they don't overlap too much.

By Ultimatemath (Ultimatemath) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

What I was trying to say was that IC is becoming obsolete and only IIC remains. Your opinions vary and I don't know which one I should believe.

By Fireflyscout (Fireflyscout) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

According to the College Board subject test calendar on their website, Math IC will be offered for all of the next school year whereas Writing will be discontinued after the January 2005 testing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page