IS THERE ENOUGH TIME?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: IS THERE ENOUGH TIME?
By Poop (Poop) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 10:23 am: Edit

im thinking about applying early decision for a school but i still need to retake both my sati's and sat2's..is there enough time? can i take my 1's in october and 2's in november and send the score to the school or is october the last month?

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

I think it depends on the school, but for most schools, it will be impossible for them to recieve your November scores in time for the ED deadline. I'm kind of worried about this as well, since I need to retake both the SATI as well as SATII writing. On my list of prospective colleges, several of them have Nov. 1 as their deadline for ED (e.g. NYU, Boston U) but others list Nov. 15 (e.g. colgate, syracuse)...which wouldn't matter anyway since the Nov. test date is the 6th and scores take two weeks to come out. (I'm curious though, if the test date were scheduled on the 1st, making it almost exactly two weeks before 11/15, would these colleges still take the scores?)

I'm definitely not going to apply to skidmore ED, but I noticed that its ED deadline is reported as Dec. 15 in which case it would not be too late to take the Nov tests.

So I guess it really depends on which college you want to apply ED for.

By Cooldude (Cooldude) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:54 am: Edit

the scores are mailed "3" weeks after the test

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

It depends on the school's policy. I've seen many schools (the more selective ones) have an October deadline, but I know a few schools that allow students to take November tests and meet the early decision deadline.
Also, I do not know exactly how rushing scores work, but I'd check it out if I were you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page