PHYSICS, should i retake 760 ???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: PHYSICS, should i retake 760 ???
By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 08:20 pm: Edit

Hello.

from june test, I got 760 on physics. and got 800 math 2c.
(percentile was 83 on physics, 90 on math 2c. what is up with that T_T)

I am somewhat upset about that physics score,
but afraid of retaking it because that might be showed up to college
as score-sucker. um..
(JUNE was my first time to take SAT2 and anyhow i'll have to take Nov. SAT2 for writing)

What should I do?
Do you think i should take it again when I'll take SAT2 Writing(imena i will have to take SAT2 again, but do you think i will be better off with just WRITING, or just add physics to it for higher than 760?)??

I am shooting for the top bio-medical engeering schools(mit, harvard, JHU..).
i took physics honors class, and self-studied for ap exam(which i dont think i got any better than 3). i did prep(myself) sat2 physics.
Thanks in advance.

p.s 1: what is really.. up with ..
or is there a bit secret on getting 800 on physics?
(it seemed easy, more emphasized on concepts)

p.s 2: is there anyone who requested for hand-scoring and got better(even 10 or 20) score? in what case, should students use that?

p.s 3: is there ANY point to take more than 3 sat 2s ? (for college who requires 3 sat 2s, including writing, one math, and another subject.)

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

The physics SAT II subject test is designed to fully test your abilities on topics typically covered in an Honors Physics class in high school or a college physics course. Most of the time however, the SAT II covers more topics than what you would cover in high school over the course of a year. Make sure that you know/study whatever topics you didn't learn -- this also applies to the AP Physics exams.

Colleges generally want only 3 SAT IIs: Writing, Math (IC or IIC), and a subject of your choice.

I hope you find this information useful.

By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

thanks for reply.

as i said in original post..
i did prep(myself) sat2 physics.
i got some sat2 physics books to fill up missing concepts and sections. (there was only few areas that one-year physic class didnt teach)
about a week before the test, i took practice tests and got 780~800, according to REA(it had most practice tests :-) scale.

my question is merely, whether i should take it again next time when i (anyway, i have to) will take SAT2 for writing.
i am not, and i hate to be the score-obessed-students -0-

any idea about hand-scoring?

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

You should only use the hand scoring service if you had some issues with erasure marks on your answer sheet. Otherwise, you can retake the SAT II physics if you wish along with the SAT II writing.

By Smartgirl (Smartgirl) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

I dont think you should retake physics sat II- 760 is an excellent score! I am studying for this test, and it is so hard!! I am using Sparknotes since it is cheapest. Do you have any suggestion for me? What prep book do you have? I will be taking HONORS PHYSICS course when I am a senior, but I want to take SAT II physics before I apply.

By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:55 pm: Edit

Etsrep78328...
i think you totally misunderstood what i am asking.
i know i can retake it.
again. problem is who could be considered as score-obessed-students by college.
is to retake 740 okay? or is it also okay to retake 760?
i tried my best to eliminate any misunderstanding. -0-

Smartgirl...
i think you should take whatever SAT 2s after you took the class. whether you are super-genius or hard-working-student. If you've not taken the introductary physics, i dont think you should be bothered to take sat2 physics now.
i think you would be better off with other subject that you're really good at it already, or one of your AP classes.
AND dont consider or be bothered with couple dollars when you're buying a test-prep book. your intention to save some bucks would cost your time, your passion, and probably your admission. check out local book store to look into actualy books, and also check out CC and amazons customer review.

good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page