SATI or SATII in October?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: SATI or SATII in October?
By Pcrunner17 (Pcrunner17) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

I took the SATI in June with no preparation (didn't even do practice tests; I planned on it but was stupid enough to keep pushing it back), and I ended up 800V, 680M. That math is really killing me because I don't consider myself that much better at verbal than I am at math -- I just made some stupid mistakes and didn't work quickly enough altogether.

Anyway, I plan on retaking ASAP, but I haven't taken my SATIIs yet. Should I take my 3 SATIIs in October and do my SATI retake in November, or vice versa?

By Karmapoliceman (Karmapoliceman) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

Depends on which three SAT2s you take, as well as the schools to which you apply. Care to elaborate?

By Pcrunner17 (Pcrunner17) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Obviously, I'll need Writing and Math (taking IIC). After that, I suppose I could go a few ways, but I'm thinking U.S. History. So, going off Writing, Math IIC, and U.S. History, what should I do..?

(Although I'm still not quite sure how that makes any difference...It's pretty much a given that I need math and writing..and then something else; and obviously the schools to which I'm applying require the SATIIs...or I wouldn't bother taking them -- don't mean to be disagreeable though lol -- thanks for the help.)

By C_J (C_J) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

Ah! I have almost the exact same issue, except I got an 800 Verbal 670 math and I want to *retake* my SAT IIs. I'll probably end up taking the IIs in oct. and the I in nov. As for what you should do, it really depends if you're applying EA/ED and to which school you plan to do so. If you're going to apply early to a school that requires SAT IIs, then you don't have a choice but to take the IIs in Oct. The Nov. scores might not reach the college on time.

By Pcrunner17 (Pcrunner17) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 11:47 am: Edit

Thanks, yeah, that's basically what I was thinking.

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:43 pm: Edit

Same situation (740 math, 630 verbal, though). Gonna ED, II's in Oct, I in Nov in case I don't get in ED or get deferred.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page