AP Environmental Science

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: July 2004 Archive: AP Environmental Science
By Luhelen (Luhelen) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:38 am: Edit

Hi

I am preparing for the AP Environmental Science exxam through self study, and I was wondering what textbook/ materials I should use. Thanks!

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:51 am: Edit

Well, if you do a message search it should all be there. Anyway, G. Tyler Miller's Living in the Environment is very popular. There are really no prep books out there, except for "SmartGuides" or something to that effect.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

it's Awesome guides. My son used that, plus watched some geology videos, and made a 5.I bought him the Tyler book, which looks very good, but he never used it.(however, he's really good at science. And he already had chem & bio, which overlap some)
http://www.awesomeguides.com/ap%20environmental%20science%20products.htm

By Adidasty (Adidasty) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Ha ha! I self-studied Enviro Sci and i didn't look at anything. i just sat down and took that test. its kinda funny seeing as how people actually waste money and time on enviro science. if youre a good enough test taker, just sit down and take the test. easy pass.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

If you are a smart kid who is good at science and tests well, you probably could go in cold and "pass". There seems to be a lot of common sense and general knowledge stuff. But if you are trying to get a high score, you should plan to at least read the Awesome Guide. The env sci test actually has a lower percentage of people making high scores than just about any other AP exam.(I don't think that's because the test is hard so much as I think it is because a lot of people who take it are not-ready-for-prime-time when it comes to the other science APs)

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Use the Miller book, along with a couple of others. (If you need, I can give you a link, just uhh.. yeah.. say something).

By Luhelen (Luhelen) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:55 pm: Edit

Thanks all, for the info

Tlaktan- I would love to have that link you were talking about

By Karmapoliceman (Karmapoliceman) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

That's pretty much what I did (go in cold) and I got a 4. I felt kind of bad about it though; I felt that I could have gotten a 5 with only sparse studying.

By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

which would you say is harder, ap env. science or ap biology?

By Wintersoul (Wintersoul) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:47 pm: Edit

AP Bio is harder, definitely.

By Adidasty (Adidasty) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

AP Biology kicks the dilhole off of APES.

By The007expert (The007expert) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 03:52 am: Edit

Let me tell you how much people overrate Environmental Science. This year, my Honors Biology teacher said that I would fail the exam. I read a textbook and took the exam. I got a 5 on it. I did this without doing any of the suggested labs listed in the official College Board course description. This fall, I will show my Honors Biology teacher my Environmental Science score to prove that just about anyone can call AP Environmental Science "an easy test."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page