International student sat

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: International student sat
By Ledyana (Ledyana) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 08:11 am: Edit

how can an international student improve his/her sat? I am really stuck on my verbal (V 500) :( should i memorize words? (but i easily forget)

By Amylase (Amylase) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 08:24 am: Edit

yes memorize some wordlist, but the most important thing is read, read and read. I know time may be running out for you now, still a long term reading habit is the best strategy.

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

I totally agree with Amylase. Reading a lot is vital to scoring well on the verbal section of the SAT. I got 750 V on my first try and I didn't have to cram long lists of vocab, since it seemed too tedious for me. Instead I expanded my reading list. Though I am generally a good reader and I enjoy reading, I know of people who did it just to improve their verbal scores, and it worked for them as well. Just remember to look up new words or to jot them down while you read (I know this may somehow spoil the pleasure of reading, but it's a necessity). Also try to read different kind of stuff - literature books, scientific, magazines, whatever.
And good luck on the SAT!

Vessy

By Ledyana (Ledyana) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

ok thanks alot for the advice !

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page