SAT II score

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II score
By Highschoolstu (Highschoolstu) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

May I have some questions?...

Q1: For the SAT II tests, what score can be consider as a good score?

Q2: If I got a 700 on my SAT II M.Biology test, is that an okay score to get into a good college, or should I retake it next year? (by the way, it was the first time that I took the SAT test, and I'm going to be a junior next year)

Please give me an answer as soon as possible...thank you very much

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

anything over 700 is fine. Just remember that in SAT2s, your essentially competing against the most competitive people in the test taking class because most people do not take SATIIs. So dont let the percentile throw you off.

By Highschoolstu (Highschoolstu) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Even though I got 700, my percentile is really low, only 75%...therefore, I think I'm going to retake it next year. Thanks for answering my questions.

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Honestly man you shouldn't retake because If I assume right (that you are an incoming junior) you will have a pretty hard next year if you signed up for a challenging courseload. You should have in mind that you will have to take either IC or IIC and just take another SAT 2 like history or science.

By Newyorker (Newyorker) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Dont retake the 700. Cool it, and relax. Dont become excessively zealous like most people here (no offense, of course). I hate it when your pride eats you up. I felt bad getting a 760 on World History after a year in AP Global. THen i said to my self what the hell am I thinking, be happy. Enjoy the 700, and be proud, dont be OCD. Use the 16 bucks to buy some food, or a game. Relax.

And anything over 700 is fine. Truth be told, anyone retaking a 700 is not good, unless you SERIOUSLY want an 800...

By Highschoolstu (Highschoolstu) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

I'm glad I got these advices from the two of you - thanks! Honestly, I didn't really want to retake that test because I'm afraid that I will do worse next time. However, after I talked to one of my friends, he said that even though a 700 is good, but the percentile is low and that I should retake it. I'm really ambivalent right now; I don't know whether to retake it or not. Some people said I should, some said I should not. But Neelq01 was right: I have other tests to worry about; and Newyorker was also right: I shouldn't let my pride eats me up.

I need more advices...

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

If you are definatey sure you will get 750+, then go for it

But perhaps you should work harder of your Other SAT IIs to make them better instead. Improving your bio score but messing up the other 2 is a bad idea. On the other hand, you could do really well on the other 2, and with your 700(a very good score), it would look even better.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

If you are definatey sure you will get 750+, then go for it

But perhaps you should work harder of your Other SAT IIs to make them better instead. Improving your bio score but messing up the other 2 is a bad idea. On the other hand, you could do really well on the other 2, and with your 700(a very good score), it would look even better.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page