A few questions about ACT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: A few questions about ACT
By Tiffy (Tiffy) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Hey everyone,

I left public school when I was in the 5th grade,and I started homeschooling. Only,no work got done because of family issues and I eventually quit when I was old enough.

I will be getting my GED soon,and I want to start college next year (Nursing). Of course,you must have ACT scores. Now,my question is,how can I study for the test if I know absolutely nothing? I've been taking GED classes,which have taught me basic math.. but I didn't think that was enough for the ACT. So,what should I do to make sure I'm able to get a good score? Should I just buy self-teaching algebra/geometry books and study those?

Also,what about the Science part of the test? Is that just common sense stuff,like reading charts and graphs to get your answer? Or do I need to study for that too?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks.

By Isabella (Isabella) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

I would start with a good ACT prep book like Cracking the ACT, so you can see what's being tested and how much you'll need to learn. Then I'd go from there.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page