Oh crap NO physics!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Oh crap NO physics!
By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 02:30 am: Edit

i just checked carnegie mellon's website and their school of business requires a year of physics! i wont be takin physics! does this mean i am automatically out?

By Rockstar (Rockstar) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

don't worry about it. have you taken a general science class or anything? I think the said that I needed a biology class, and they recommended that I take a science SAT II. I did neither and got in to the CMU b-school. good luck.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 02:28 pm: Edit

ahhh yes, i took earth sci, bio, and chem...i will be taking alot of APs next year so i wont have time to take physics

By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

take it over the summer or at a community college during the night

By Shaka (Shaka) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

cant, im already takin spanish over the summer

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

a business school that requires physics? that's stupid, seeing as how there's no physics involved in business lol

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 10:32 am: Edit

"a business school that requires physics? that's stupid, seeing as how there's no physics involved in business lol"

Considering all the money you'll be making, you'll need Physics to understand the effect of air resistance on those floating sheets of green...

By Rbc13 (Rbc13) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

There is some info that you need to give us:
Why did you take Earth Science over Physics?
Are there any AP Physics or honors physics classes at your school?
What is your schedule for next year(senior?)
How much spanish have you taken?
Do you want to take Physics?
What would you like to do for your future?

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:31 pm: Edit

If you really want to attend Carnegie Mellon, then I suggest you replace one of those many AP classes with a physics course. You're much better off doing so.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

naa, carnegie was one of my last choices...it's just a match school that i threw in there as an extra...i dun know much about it...but i was more concerned wit the other schools that i am applyin to...usually they don't say what classes are required...they just say how many subject credits are required...

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:12 pm: Edit

Yeah, I had the same case, except Carnegie Mellon was little more of a reach than a fit. I didn't want to go there, cuz all the other schools I applied to all had the word "tech" somewhere in the university name. My parents made me apply there. Though Carnegie Mellon used to be a tech school, it was a private university and not an engineering school when I applied.

By Journkid (Journkid) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

I also don't have any Physics, but that was a case of scheduling conflict and error. I'm just having my counselor mention on the report that I couldn't take Physics, but it wasn't my choice (I enrolled in Honors Physics twice, for junior and senior year, and it just wouldn't work).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page