Have to take 4 SAT II's?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Have to take 4 SAT II's?
By Kingroger317 (Kingroger317) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 07:14 pm: Edit

hello,

i am goign to be a senior next year, and i plan to apply to ivy's, and tough schools
i still have to take Writing and Chem(retake)
i already finished math Ic and IIC

should i take another Science like Physics? , will it help a lot and how? because i dont think i could do as well on Physics as the other 3

By Kingroger317 (Kingroger317) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 12:42 pm: Edit

bump

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Only take 3. If your IC score is better than your IIC score, they'll probably look at that. Then take Chem again. I know they will only use the top 3 in their equations that help decide if the student is a potential student of their school.

You should take the other SAT II in an area you plan to go in depth at in college. Since it seems you are looking at science, they might look at that IIC score a little more...

By Marymary (Marymary) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 06:17 pm: Edit

say a college requires that you take the writing exam and you take more than 3 SAT II's and you have 3 that have higher scores than the writing one... will they just look at the top three or specifically at the writing and then whatever other two are highest?
*sorry if that's confusing*

By Meganc123 (Meganc123) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

I would assume they would look at writing plus your highest 2 other scores. I would also think this would be the same for colleges that require Math, Writing, and 1 of your choice. They would take writing, highest math score, and highest of everything else.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page