Eye Allergies during AP Calc BC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Eye Allergies during AP Calc BC
By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Hey guys. I'll be a Senior in HS next year. I had wicked eye allergies during the AP Calc BC test and I could hardly open my eyes for the last two FR. I think I did pretty well on the test (although, for the MC, I got very few A answres...) but in case that impacts my score, is there any way I can get this out to colleges? I got an A in the class and my teacher loves me a lot and would vouch for my Calculus abilities. This summer I'm taking Multi-variable Calc at UCLA (because they don't offer it as a real class at my High School).

By Mazzinator333 (Mazzinator333) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:38 pm: Edit

The purpose of the AP exam is to compare you nationally to other students that are taking the same, standard course material. Therefore, if you do score low, it doesn't matter if your calc. teacher vouches for you because you could be the best in your school, but not compare to the best in the nation.

But, I think that you should wait and see what your score is(I took that exam too, so I'm waiting anxiously too!). If it is low, have your guidance counselor put a letter in your file that goes to colleges, explaining the situation. The only thing is that, hopefully you told the proctor or someone about your eye allergies, otherwise they may not have the facts to back you up.

If they don't, then just withhold your grade, if you seriously feel that it is that low. You could include a letter in your apps to colleges, but they may not believe you, and they may not even read it because of how busy the admissions process has become.

On the bright side, the fact that you are taking the multi-variable course goes above and beyond the AP exam. Showing colleges your initiative in going out and taking this class, and doing well in it, could do wonders for you apps.

Best of luck.

By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 02:59 am: Edit

Yeah, if I do well during multivar at UCLA I think it will offset any grade I get.

But thanks mazz for the thorough responce! =p

edit: GREAT luck to you too! =p

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page