Too high an SAT jump?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Too high an SAT jump?
By Dukedreamer (Dukedreamer) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:48 am: Edit

On the day of the test, I had to take a crap...no joke. My scores did not represent my capabilities at all. I know I can score over 200 pts higher. If I take it again in Oct or Nov...and i did up it more than 200 the next time around, how would universities look at that?

By Mattman (Mattman) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

If you can get a 200+ point jump that will obviously look very favorable. One would probably think that you have learned from your weaknesses and are a determined individual.

By Isabella (Isabella) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:48 pm: Edit

Don't worry about it. Just retake. If they question the jump, just explain that you were sick during the first take (seriously, do NOT elaborate!) and they won't think a thing of it.

By Matth (Matth) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:55 pm: Edit

I'm not sure what the number is, but there's a certain point at which an increase in test score is flagged, and investigated. I saw a story on the news about this during the past year and the girl involved had a problem with delays in getting the scores reported to the colleges to which she applied. She claimed she was sick and she was offered a chance to re-take or to have the first score stand. It was a real problem for her in her application process. So my suggestion is you should re-take it ASAP just in case something similar happens to you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page