Sat 2's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Sat 2's
By Shizpit (Shizpit) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:00 pm: Edit

does anyone on here not take the sat2's, i really don't want to take them and would only do well on the ones bc my main interest are math and science and our science department isn't that great, and i am looking at applying to schools that don't require them or require them for some what does that mean i here some schools make u take them after acceptance for placement and i want to take my sat over again only got a 1310 but senior year brings many ap's and what not so i was wondering if anyone had an opinion on that if its essential i will reluctantly take them; schools i am looking at are Tulane(hometown), University of miami, USC, L.S.U.(hometown), possible washington u in saint louis, maybe ga tech and if i take sat2s carnegie mellon; am looking into engineering so any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanx for responses, i am looking for a well rounded university thats why i am looking at u of miami and tulane but am also considering tech schools thanx in advance

By Shizpit (Shizpit) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

bump

By Drusba (Drusba) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

About 50 colleges require II's; some require them only for certain programs; some more recommend but do not require (and many take that recommend to mean you should probably take them), some others only want SAT II's for placement purposes after you are admitted. But for the vast majority of colleges they are neither required nor recommended and in fact are actually ignored at most even if submitted (e.g., UIUC, Mich, and Ga Tech don't even want them). I believe Tulane, USC, and Wash St. Louis are on the "recommend" list and thus you might consider them for those but otherwise if you do not want to apply to a college that requires them, don't take them. In fact, taking the SAT again and see if you can get higher can be more important for places like Miami which doles out merit money on a formula based on GPA and test score.

By Shizpit (Shizpit) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

thanx a lot man

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page