Taking the SAT More Than 3 Times

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Taking the SAT More Than 3 Times
By Smartaleck123 (Smartaleck123) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

How many colleges will still take your best composite score, after taking the SAT four times? I have heard that after 3 tries, most colleges will AVERAGE your scores... for which colleges does this actually apply to? thank you

By Jrboog05 (Jrboog05) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:26 am: Edit

Wonderin' this myself...

By Geoguy (Geoguy) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 06:31 am: Edit

Same here. I'm not planning on taking it again because of all I've heard about score averaging and stuff. I've taken it "thrice."

By Mekker3 (Mekker3) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 10:00 am: Edit

i think it's just a rumor that colleges will average your scores... Although I don't have evidence, I think that it doesn't matter how many times you take the SAT... they tell you don't take it more than 3 times, but in most colleges, clerks are the ones who transcribe your sat scores to the file that admissions officers view... most likely, the admissions officers who decide whether or not you're accepted will never know how many times you took the SAT... also, I think that if you can improve the 4th time, then it's better than taking it three times but staying at the same score... they probably say don't take it more than 3 times just so people don't become more obsessed about the SAT than they already are...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page