SAT II: Chemistry OR Physics?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II: Chemistry OR Physics?
By Mcheng331 (Mcheng331) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:03 am: Edit

Hi, I was just wondering which was easier and which has a more generous curve? Chemistry or Physics SAT II? I think if I study I can pull of eirther one. I hate chemistry but took AP...but haven't taken reg. physics since soph year; however kicked ass in it compared to chem.

thanks!

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

if you took AP Chem, go for Chemistry. Physics has an awesome curve (miss around 7-8 and still you can pull off an 800). BUT, you have to know your stuff. If the stuff is not fresh in your head, you're screwed. Besides, the test covers so many different topics that you probably need to self-study a lot of them.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

Since Ap chem is just a more indepth review of chem1 at my school and I assume yours, take chem SAT2. I took chem SAT2 after chem1 last year (soph) and got 710. Then I took it again after ap and got 800. it's like having two years of the same material. But, if you really aren't comfortable with chem, you're better off taking physics. Physics does have a little easier curve i.e. 7-8 Wrong for 800 out ogf 75 Q's, and Chem's curve is about 7 wrong out of i think 85 Q's.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page