SAT Erasure

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT Erasure
By Norseviking (Norseviking) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:47 pm: Edit

How perfected are the grading machines ETS uses. At my school we use "scantron," and if you erase something to change an answer (no matter how thorough the erasue), the machine will mark it wrong, thinking you filled in 2 bubbles. Does ETS have this problem, or a lesser degree of it?

My problem dates back to the March SAT. I ended up with a 780 on the math. During the test, I changed one of the answers in that section. I would say my erasure was thorough; however, it would have failed the school's scantron system. I don't want to waste 25 bucks to handscore if ETS' machine would have marked that question as I intended it to be. Thanks for your input.

By Curiousstudent (Curiousstudent) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Honestly, I probably think that ETS has the best scanning machines that are out there. Most likely they are better than your schools (and mine). I think that if you think you erased well enough you were fine. But, to put your mind at ease and if you have the money, rescore.

By Speeddemon608 (Speeddemon608) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

scantrons are the bane of my high school existance, i'm always scared when i take SATs and i imagine them putting htem into a ghetto scantron reader, i hope they have some sort of super computer doing it

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page