SAT II Top School Average

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II Top School Average
By Norseviking (Norseviking) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

A huge deal is made about the ivy league and other top schools' SAT I averages and middle 50 percent, but nowhere have I seen a listing of the average scores on SAT IIs. Does such a list exist? If not what would you guess schools such as Princeton, Harvard, Amherst, etc. have as their SAT II average?

By Bethlikesun (Bethlikesun) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/biology/chapter1section4.html

That should help you, though I'm not sure what year it applies to. It also says that ivies like those you listed usually look for scores at least 100 points above the mean.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

Princeton releases the info. Go to their admissions info page and they list the 25-75% for average of 3 SAT II scores of applicants and acceptees. It usually hovers around the SAT I range, but I think the lower boundary is a little lower and the upper boundary is a little higher i.e. 670-780. I would expect that Pton would be on par with most of the H, Y, S etc. crowd.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:59 pm: Edit

Thanks for the info, Qwert. The Princeton site also shows that the applicant scores run a good bit lower than the acceptanced student scores - makes sense, of course, but its interesting to see it in (virtual) print. Someone noted on a thread that a fair proportion of ivy applicants are not really qualified - implying that the 9% admit rate (or whatever it was) at Pton sounds harsher than it is - maybe a *generous* 15 or 20% for truly qualified applicants.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

"maybe a *generous* 15 or 20% for truly qualified applicants."

This thought makes me feel better until I go to prstats.com and look at all the kids who are, essentially, better than me in every way and got rejected from HYP AWS.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Don't feel too bad, Willy. Its the stats-centric kids that post. Remember that you can't see their applications or essays, or how well they interview. The April I got in threads have more than a few instances of people making their super-reaches.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page